Graco Gotham Back Pack Diaper Bag Review
This is my review of the Graco Gotham Back Pack Diaper Bag, which is a very popular choice for many Moms and Dads. In the main, this is down to the fact that is a very handy backpack, with shoulder straps and a top handle for easy carrying.
As you can see from the image above, this is a smart looking backpack, which has a nice but simple appearance. It does come with a diaper changing pad. This particular diaper bag has sold a lot and there are plenty of buyer reviews to check out, so let's see what they have to say about their purchase.
How Do Buyers Rate the Graco Gotham Back Pack?
For me it is always worth checking out and understanding the reviews that have been left by buyers. Those are people who have bought the bag, used it, and then taken the time to leave a review. They also rate the diaper bag based on a star system, with 5 stars being the highest and 1 star being the lowest.
Overall this bag gets an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, which is a very good and consistent rating. Below we have broken down by percentage the stars given overall by buyers.
So at a glance, you can see that around 2 out of every 3 buyers give this the full 5 star treatment. 85% rate it 4 stars or higher, and only 5% have rated this diaper bag as a 1 star product.
What Buyers Say About the Graco Gotham Back Pack?
So overall this bag gets a very solid 4.4 out of 5 stars. That is always a very good sign especially when there are hundreds of reviews to go on. However 5% rated it a 1 star, so I took a closer look at those to find out why.
What Some Buyers Did NOT Like
The majority of those complaints were about the bag either ripping at the seams, or problems with the stitching in general. This seemed to happen quite a lot where the buckle met the material of the bag. Almost every single complaint, made by around 5% of buyers, was about poor workmanship.
What Buyers Did Like
With over 80% rating this diaper bag from Graco over 4 stars, there clearly are many happy buyers. It is worth reading the details to find out why. Below I have summarised what they said was really good about this bag.
- As it is a backpack, it is very convenient for carrying, as it leaves your hands free
- Many buyers said the bag was enormous, and very well worth the money - the RRP is $49.99, but with some searching you can find this at around $38-40
- Both the shoulder straps and the tote carrying handle are padded for comfortable carrying
- There are three main compartments
- There is a small padded zipper opening in the front which is ideal for important items.
- The wipe container is well located as is the insulated bottle pocket on the opposite side of the bag.
- The zippers are good quality
Graco Gotham Back Pack Diaper Bag Specification
- Measures 17.8 x 14.5 x 4.5 inches
- Weighs 1.8 pounds
- Made from Polyester
- Has a diaper changing pad
- Functional style
- Tote carrying handle at the top and also has padded and adjustable shoulder straps
- Wipes dispenser is at the exterior of the backpack for quick access to wipes
- It has an insulated bottle pocket which can hold 2 baby bottles
- The Graco bag has multiple storage pockets - also has a zip-close pocket which is ideal for vehicle keys, wallets, and more.
- It is a bag with plenty of room
Video Review of the Graco Gotham Diaper Bag
In the video below, this busy Mom does a very good review of this backpack style diaper bag.
Summary of the Graco Gotham Smart Organizer System Back Pack Diaper Bag
It is fair to summarise that this is a very good back pack style of diaper bag. It is also from a very good brand. If priced at around $40 or less, I think this is very good value for money. The bag looks well, is as stylish as any backpack can be, and buyers clearly like it.
There are complaints about the stitching, but thankfully not a lot of those. It is worth keeping a watchful eye though when the bag is still under guarantee.