Top 3 Car Window Shades for Baby - for Full UV Protection
Thanks for taking the time to read our detailed article on the top 3 car window shades for baby, that are currently available on the market. Having a simple shade for your window is important for an adult, but it is even more important when you have a baby or a child in your vehicle.
The two biggest problems with car shades is finding the right size and also finding a car shade that will easily attach to the window and stay there. The single biggest complaint about car shades is that they all too easily simply fall off the car windows. It is a truly annoying problem.
Fitting these can also be a problem for some buyers, though it is worth mentioning that it is not normally the buyer's fault. When bought these car shades need to be flat, and if they are then fitting is a great deal easier. If the get warped or bent which usually happens in the delivery stage, then they are close to being useless.
If this happens to your car shades when you order them online, then send them back and get them replaced. Don't waste your time trying to fit them as they will fall off and leave you frustrated.
Top 3 Car Window Shades Images
Just below we have included the top three car window shades for baby images so as you can first see what each product looks like. The product name of the car shade is under each image. Just below that you will see the online buyer satisfaction rating for each product name. We explain how this rating has been researched and accurately calculated later in this article.
Kinder Fluff Car Sun Shade for Baby
Lush life car window shade for baby
Relarr Car Window shade for baby
You can click on any of the car shade images above to see a larger image.
How We Review the Car Shade Products
As you can imagine, there are lots of car shade products so why do we narrow these down to three choices, and in fact how do we do our research to determine what the best three products are? We will try to answer that quickly so as not to bore you, but at the same time so as you know we have done our research properly and thoroughly.
These are in essence a car product and the manufacturers are mainly those who develop their products for both the car and the baby markets. There are a number of online websites where this type of car accessory are available for sale. There are also general online websites such as Amazon who sell these products on a daily basis.
Some buyers, and the estimate is about 1 in every 100 buyers, will take the time to rate the product and leave a review after they have bought and used the product. We collect these ratings from the different websites and then work out what we call an average buyer rating. We then express this rating as a percentage score out of 100% So the higher this number is then the more buyers like it.
Anything over 80% is considered to be very good, and anything over 90% is an excellent product. Scores under 80% can still be good products, but we can usually find 80%+ products and we then rank the top 3 products over 80%. We also read hundreds of online buyer reviews, and summarise those findings in a pros and cons table for each product.
No 1 Choice - kinder Fluff Car Sun Shade
- This brand uses semi-transparent car sunshades which offer a very high level of protection
- This pack comes with 2 transparent shades , 2 semi-transparent sun shades and a free storage pouch
- It has 15 s static protective film paired with 80 GSM mesh
- They can overlap to fit any window size
- The measure 20" x 12" which can fold in seconds without any suction cups or adhesives
- To install these you have to wipe the window with a damp cloth. Allow to dry and then place the shade with the static side on the window. Then firmly apply pressure throughout the sun shade until it is firmly pressed to the window
- 69% of all buyers gave these a 5 star rating
- Most buyers said that these stuck on very well as long as the window was cleaned first
- Buyers said they offered a lot of shade and were still good enough to see through
- Buyers liked the fact that these stick on so no suction cups to worry about
- 6% of all buyers gave these a bad rating
- The main complaint was that they would not stick properly or stay on
- A few buyers said they would not straighten out and as such fell off
No 2 Choice - Lush Life Car Window Shade for Baby
- You will not be able to roll the window up or down when these are fitted
- You can fit these on any window quite easily
- Buyers top advice is not to roll these up when not in use as it will be close to impossible to get these straight again
- Each car sun shade is 17” x 14”
- They offer full glare protection for your children
- They are made from static PVC to cling firmly to the window
- The mesh surface will block glare, and reduce heat
- They also offer protection of up to 97% of the sun’s UV rays
- To install you press against the inside of your car’s side window
- 70% of all buyers gave these a 5 star review
- Buyers said that these are lightweight and stick to the glass securely, but are easily moved as well
- Many buyers also use these on their kitchen windows to help block the sun's glare
- Buyers thought they were very good value for money
- No buyer so far has given these a bad review
- The only minor complaint was that if folded they are hard to straighten out and use again
No 3 Choice - Relarr Car Shade for Windows
- These are made from a double layer nylon mesh
- These car window sun shades can block over 97% of UV Rays
- They measure 17" x 14" fits most of car windows
- These do use 2 suction ups, that makes them easy to install & remove in seconds
- This is a 2 pack
- To install add the suction cups to the shade and then stick it to the window. Apply pressure throughout the sun shade until it is firmly pressed to the window
- 76% of all buyers gave these shades a full 5 star review
- Buyers said that they do not fall off and offer good shade to any back seat passenger
- Buyers said these were very easy to install
- No buyer so far has given these shades a bad review
- A couple of buyers said that too much light still got through
- A few buyers thought they were not big enough
Helpful Car Shade Buying Guide
Just above we have found what we believe to be the top 3 car shades for babies on the market. We also thought it would be useful to include a buyer's guide for these car shades so as you know exactly what to look for.
The main reasons we buy these for a baby or child is to keep the sun out of their eyes which can help them sleep, and we think more importantly, to help protect them from the harmful effect of the sun's rays. We shall explore those in more detail just below.
What Are Car Shades Made From?
The majority of these car shades are made from a woven mesh. This mesh needs to be tightly weaved to avoid holes where the sun can get through. The weight of the fabric used is usually referred to as the GSM rating. GSM stands for grams per square meter. This is a metric term and it may also be referred to as ounces per square yard.
The weight of a fabric is essentially the main method for determining the thickness of a fabric. For example a sweat shirt would have a GSM of 300-400 whereas a summer t-shirt would be around 200-250 GSM.
When it comes to car shades the GSM refers to the thickness and density of the fabric. The higher this is the better and for high quality car shades expect this to be 80 GSM which is the highest GSM that you can buy.
Car Shades - UV Protection
We explain this first as this is the most important factor, as far as buying one of these products is concerned. Much as we all love the sun, and that has its benefits of course, the big danger is the rays that come out of the sun.
According to the Cancer Prevention Organization, "UV radiation is a major risk factor for most skin cancers. Sunlight is the main source of UV rays. Even though UV rays make up only a very small portion of the sun’s rays, they are the main cause of the sun’s damaging effects on the skin. UV rays damage the DNA of skin cells. Skin cancers start when this damage affects the DNA of genes that control skin cell growth."
So clearly anything that we can do as a parent to reduce the risk of UV rays is a good thing. Most of these car shades will reduce a huge percentage of the UV rays. Typically you can get a 95%+ reduction
Car Shades - Reducing Heat in a Car
A popular misconception is that having car shades on a window will help reduce the heat generated in a car. They will help a little but not a great deal is the honest answer. You should certainly never rely on these to bring the heat down in any type of car or vehicle.
That is not their key purpose. The heat inside a car is generated when the sun shines on the metal and the glass and warms the air inside. Even when car shades are fitted on the window the heat will eventually build up inside. The only way to quickly clear that hot air is to open the windows for an initial burst of fresh air. After that you need to close the windows and switch the air conditioning on.
Car shades will help keep the car cooler but will not reduce the heat built up inside a car.